Here’s how to make Coconut Whipped Cream that’s fluffy, delicious, and vegan. It’s fantastic for anyone who wants an alternative to regular whipped cream. You only need one can of coconut milk for this recipe, but feel free to add sugar and extract as desired.
- One can (15 oz) full-fat coconut milk, found in the Asian aisle of grocery stores
- Optional: 3 TB powdered sugar
- Optional: 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Chill can of coconut milk in fridge overnight. Place large mixing bowl and beaters (of electric mixer) in freezer 10 minutes before making the recipe.
- Carefully transfer the firm top layer of coconut cream that solidified in the can of coconut milk, into the chilled mixing bowl. Be careful not to include any watery liquid. Either reserve the clear liquid for smoothies or discard it.
- At high speed, whip solidified coconut cream about 3 minutes, just until it becomes smooth and fluffy, with soft peaks. It will not increase in much volume, but it will taste fluffy and light. On low speed, gently mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, 5-10 seconds.
- Serve immediately with your choice of dessert or fruits. (Leftover coconut whipped cream can be kept airtight in fridge for a day or two; if needed, briefly re-whip to serve. )