This Cookies and Cream Ice Cream is wonderfully rich and creamy, with no eggs. Only uses a handful of simple, real ingredients.
- 1 cup whole milk, very cold
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, very cold
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Oreos (or any brand chocolate sandwich cookies)
- In a cold bowl, whisk together milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Stir in heavy cream and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker’s freezer bowl. Let it churn for about 20 minutes (or according to your machine’s manufacturer instructions.)
- Add in the chopped Oreos and keep churning for another 5-10 minutes or until mixture is thick and creamy. If your machine’s instructions vary for add-ins, please follow those instructions instead.
- Use rubber spatula to transfer ice cream to a freezable container. Cover airtight and place in freezer about 2 hours to set up firmly.
Chopped cookies can be frozen in airtight zipper baggie well ahead of time, until you’re ready to use.
Prior to starting with this recipe, feel free to place a metal mixing bowl and hand-whisk in the freezer for a few minutes; this ensures that all your ingredients stay very cold.
Keywords: Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, Homemade Ice Cream, Ice Cream Recipe