This creamy tomato and sausage pasta comes together in about 30 minutes! Perfect for a weeknight meal that tastes like you spent way more time on it than you did.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lb uncooked Italian sausage, without casings
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 can/box (32 oz) Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (whole preferred)
- 16 oz dry egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded Parmesan cheese, for topping
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish, if desired
- In a large saucepan, combine sausage with onion and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring and breaking up the sausage into small pieces. When almost cooked through, add mushrooms and red pepper. Stir and cook until softened.
- Add Tomato Red Pepper Soup. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook egg noodles according to package, just to al dente. Do not overcook. Drain, but do not rinse.
- Add sour cream or yogurt to the red sauce mixture. Stir to combine well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce over noodles and toss to combine.
- Top with cheese and parsley, if desired.