You’ll love the creamy, cheesy goodness of this Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Broccoli. It’s a delicious meal in one.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
- 2 TB olive oil
- 4 TB salted butter
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tsp onion powder, divided
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 5–6 oz Parmesan cheese wedge, freshly grated
- 8 oz sharp white cheddar cheese block, freshly grated
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- Season Chicken: Dry cubes of chicken with paper towels. Add half of the minced garlic, salt, pepper, and 1 tsp onion powder into the chicken, and mix well.
- Sauté Chicken and Broccoli: In a heavy large skillet, heat olive oil about 30 seconds, and add seasoned chicken. Sauté until chicken is almost cooked through. Add broccoli florets to the chicken and continue cooking until chicken and broccoli are fully cooked. Set aside.
- Boil Pasta: Bring large heavy pot of well-salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook just until al dente, according to package instructions. Do not cook beyond al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Sauté Garlic: Sauté the butter in now empty pot. Add remaining garlic and cook about 1 minute. Stir in flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Make Sauce: Carefully add the milk, half and half, and remaining onion powder. Continue to stir constantly until sauce is smooth and creamy, on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Take your time, to ensure the sauce is not grainy. Sauce should become thickened and smooth.
- Add the Rest: Stir in Parmesan and white cheddar cheeses, continuing to stir until cheeses are melted. Add any additional salt and pepper to taste. Stir in sour cream and chicken/broccoli mixture to the sauce, combining well.
- Serve: Toss cooked pasta with sauce, and serve immediately.
Feel free to swap the broccoli for baby kale or spinach leaves.
Make it meatless by omitting chicken.
For smooth and creamy texture, use good quality sharp cheddar and parmesan blocks and grate them yourself. Pre-shredded packaged cheeses may not produce the same texture when melted.
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: Fettuccini Alfredo, Alfredo Sauce, Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo