Hi, Friends! We’re going to do better than just Happy Taco Tuesday today.
It’s midsummer, it’s gorgeous out, and that deserves a big ‘ol: Happy Crispy Baja Tacos with Creamy Lime Sauce Day!
We are embracing all the opportunities to celebrate big and small things today, because we finally are on the other side of Sickness Mountain. Never have our peeps been so sick and up to our neck in antibiotics all at once. I counted 10 doctor’s visits in 1 month. In midsummer, no less. We’ve been trading camping, swimming, and parties for days of laying on the couch. We’re totally celebrating big and small things now that we’re feeling human again.
That’s why we’re going beyond plain old Taco Tuesday today.
It’s been forever and a day since we’ve set foot in our favorite little San Diego style taco hangouts. So many scrumptious hole in the wall eateries.
I absolutely took my proximity to such tasty establishments for granted. #excalifornian
These days we whip up our own crispy Baja fish tacos with creamy lime sauce.
The fish is tender and perfectly crispy with a light batter. The zesty lime sauce is a dreamy covering for fish tacos – tastes just like I remember back in SD.
The fixings are like cherries on a sundae. Plenty of crunchy veggies, tomatoes, salsa, Chunky Guacamole if you like (who doesn’t like,) cilantro, and extra lime. Never forget the extra squeeze of lime.
The best part: pile up your own fish tacos just the way you like them.
Create. Eat. Repeat.
Did you make this?
Please give us a rating and comment below. We love hearing from you!
Crispy Baja Fish Tacos with Creamy Lime Sauce
For Creamy Lime Sauce:
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2-3 sprigs fresh dill
- ½ tsp to 1 tsp cayenne, to taste
- kosher salt and freshly ground black papper to taste
- Make Creamy Lime Sauce: Mix together yogurt and mayo. Stir in lime juice. Stir in cumin, dill, and cayenne. If desired, add dash of salt and black pepper to taste. Set sauce in fridge (make ahead for flavors to meld.)
- Follow directions for Beer Battered Fish.
- Warm up tortillas to soften. Assemble fish tacos, with desired garnishes and creamy sauce while fish is crispy and hot!
Note: This recipe works well with grilled fish, too.