Crispy Baja Fish Tacos with Creamy Lime Sauce are so fantastic, these are sure to become a fast family favorite! They’re healthier and tastier than regular tacos. Make them part of your Taco Tuesday rotation.
- For Creamy Lime Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2–3 sprigs fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp cayenne, to taste
- kosher salt and freshly ground black papper to taste
- For Fish Tacos:
- 1 Recipe for Beer Battered Fish
- Homemade tortillas or 1 package tortillas (corn or flour are both good)
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- cilantro for garnish
- Garnish suggestions: sliced avocado, Authentic Chunky Guacamole, lime slices
- Make Creamy Lime Sauce: Mix together yogurt and mayo. Stir in lime juice. Stir in cumin, dill, and cayenne. If desired, add dash of salt and black pepper to taste. Set sauce in fridge (make ahead for flavors to meld.)
- Follow directions for Beer Battered Fish.
- Warm up tortillas to soften. Assemble fish tacos, with desired garnishes and creamy sauce while fish is crispy and hot!
Prep ahead: Have all your fixings ready to go, including sauce. Fry fish right before ready to eat. Enjoy while still crispy and hot.
Note: This recipe works well with grilled fish, too.