This Crunchy Granola is nut-free, healthy, and simple. Perfect addition for breakfast, snack, and dessert. Keeps extremely well in an airtight container at room temp.
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cups roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt (kosher works too)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 3/4 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300F, with rack on middle position. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, pumpkin seeds, and salt – toss well.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm sugar, maple syrup, and oil until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Fold oat mixture into the syrup mixture until dry ingredients are well coated.
- Spread mixture over the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until dry and lightly golden, 35-45 minutes, stirring mixture every 10-15 minutes during baking.
- Remove granola from oven and cool slightly before mixing in dried cranberries.
- Cool to room temp before storing in an airtight container.