These Asian Chicken Wings are easy and scrumptious! Simply combine the wings and all the seasonings into one big pot; let it braise for an hour, and watch it get devoured! Serve it as an appetizer or with dinner – the sauce is super delish over rice.
- 3 lbs chicken wings, sectioned, without tips
- 2/3 cups Chinese rice cooking wine (distilled spirits of rice; not rice vinegar)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TB white sugar
- 5 whole star anise
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TB freshly sliced ginger
- 1 TB dried basil
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp Maggi’s sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- Optional: 2-3 whole dried chilies
- Towel dry chicken wings well. Place in a heavy large pot. Add all remaining ingredients into pot, stirring to combine wings and seasonings well. Cover and cook over medium heat for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. If wings aren’t completely tender by 1 hour, add another 15 minutes. The meat should be fall-off-the-bone tender.
- Serve immediately with sauce. Pour extra sauce over rice, if desired.
- Category: main, appetizer
- Cuisine: Asian