Dairy-free and egg-free, this delicious ice cream is surprisingly rich and indulgent. Use whatever add-ins you like in this dairy-free ice cream; a fantastic base recipe that’s super easy!
- 1 can (13.5 oz) whole coconut milk (found in Asian aisle of grocery stores)
- 1 cup DREAM™ Ultimate Almond (original or vanilla flavor)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (gluten-free thickener)
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- Optional Add-Ins: 1/2 cup diced strawberries or other fruit, chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc.
- In a blender, add all ingredients and blend on high until thick and creamy, 1-2 min. Transfer mixture to an airtight container and chill 2-4 hours.
- Place chilled mixture into an ice-cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions (might only need half the amount of suggested churn time, as it thickens pretty quickly.) If using add-ins, gently add them during last 5 minutes of churning.
- May serve immediately for a frozen custard-like texture that’s ultra creamy, smooth, and soft. Otherwise, transfer ice cream to an airtight container and freeze 30-60 minutes for a firmer texture. If frozen much longer, it will need thaw time at room temp before serving (actual thaw time depends on your room temp.)
This ice cream is best shortly after churning; it’s soft and velvety right out of the ice cream maker and can be served immediately. Alternatively, about 30 minutes of freezer time will firm ice cream up a bit, if you prefer it firmer. If freezing longer, ice cream will need to soften up at room temp before serving.