This Double Chocolate Banana Bread is dense, rich, and extremely chocolatey without being overly sweet. The mini chocolate chips get wonderfully melty inside.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp fresh baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 2 TB unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium, overly ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (whole or low fat)
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips (try to use the minis!)
- Preheat oven to 350F and position rack at lower middle. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
- In another bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Gently mix in the beaten egg, vanilla, bananas, and yogurt to the butter/sugar mixture until well combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Finally, fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer batter into greased pan. Bake for about 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Cool in pan for at least 15 minutes. Carefully turn bread out onto wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack