These chocolate biscotti cookies are satisfyingly crunchy and flavorful. They’re perfect for dunking into your favorite cup of coffee or tea. Great for gifts, too.
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp fine salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup canola or light olive oil
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
4 large eggs
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix oil and sugar until well blended. Add vanilla extract, almond extract, and eggs. Beat until well incorporated. Gradually stir egg mixture in with the flour mixture. Mix in cranberries and semi sweet chocolate chips by hand. Dough may be sticky; place in fridge for 30 minutes to help with stickiness.
- Divide dough into equal thirds (using wet hands here will help with sticky fingers.) Form each third into logs, about 12×3 each, on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 35-40 minutes on middle rack, until lightly brown and mostly firm to the touch. Place light cloth over logs and cool for at least 30 minutes or until they are almost room temp. Turn oven down to 275F.
- Carefully cut cooled logs on diagonal, into slices that are a little less than 1 inch thick. Depending on your knife, you might either press down very gently to get clean cuts, or you might use a gentle sawing motion. I use my sharp bread knife. Lay Biscotti onto their sides, on parchment covered baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes. Flip and bake 10 minutes more. Biscotti is done when they feel dry. Cool on cooling racks.
- Melt white chocolate in small bowl in microwave, in approx. 30 second increments, until smooth and melted. Transfer melted white chocolate into a plastic baggie, cut a very tiny hole in bottom corner, and drizzle over Biscotti. Happy dunking!
If desired, you can do an egg wash over the dough logs before baking. Just beat 1 egg with 1 TB water and brush onto logs.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Homemade biscotti cookies, biscotti cookie recipe, chocolate biscotti cookies