These cookies are chewy, soft, and super chocolatey! Bursting at the seams with M&Ms, you KNOW these will be a hit wherever you bring them to.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks), slightly softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten at room temp
- 1 TB pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened real cocoa powder
- 2 cups M&M’s (pick your flavor!)
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa.
- In another large bowl or the bowl of stand mixer, combine butter, both sugars, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high until it’s as fluffy as it can get, scraping sides down periodically; about 3-4 minutes. Add beaten eggs and beat just to combine.
- Using rubber spatula, gently fold flour mixture into butter mixture just until batter is completely moistened. Fold in M&M’s.
- Wrap and chill dough until firm enough to handle, about 30 min to 1 hour.
- Form dough into walnut sized balls and flatten slightly, as these tend not to spread too much. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake about 8 minutes. They’ll seem a bit underdone, but will set up nicely when cool.
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy!