Poke shops are popping up everywhere, and for good reason. They’re supremely fun to eat, full of healthy ingredients, and bursting with umami flavor. Now, you can make your own DIY Poke Bowls right at home.
- For Sriracha Mayo:
- 3 TB regular mayo
- 1 TB Sriracha hot sauce
- For the Sesame-Soy Sauce:
- 3 TB good quality Tamari (GF soy sauce)
- 1 tsp Asian rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Asian toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp wasabi paste
- For the Poke Bowl:
- 2 cups shredded green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups sashimi-grade tuna, salmon, or other fish (towel-dried and cubed)
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 semi-ripe avocado, cubed
- Garnishes: Chopped cilantro, green onions, toasted sesame seeds, Furikake (highly recommended)
- Serve with: Cooked white or brown rice (about 3 cups cooked)
- Make Sriracha Mayo: Stir together the mayo and Sriracha in a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Make Sesame-Soy Sauce: In a bowl, hand-whisk together all Sauce ingredients. Stir cubed tuna/salmon into the sauce, coating well. Cover and keep chilled until ready to assemble bowls.
- Assemble Bowls: Divide cooked rice into 4 smaller bowls (or 2 larger bowls.) Evenly layer each bowl according to order: lettuce, marinaded tuna/salmon, cucumber, mango, and avocado. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, green onions, sesame seeds, and Furikake as desired. Drizzle with Sriracha Mayo. Serve immediately.
Nutrition facts include cooked rice.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Category: lunch, dinner
- Method: chop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: poke bowl