Easy Blueberry Pie Crumb Bars are just the ticket when you want a dessert that’s crunchy, fruity, and bursting with flavor. It’s always a hit at potlucks and gatherings. Delicious chilled or reheated.
- For the Crust & Topping:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 cup cold salted butter, sliced into cubes
- 1 large egg
- For the Filling:
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon (approx. 3 TB)
- Preheat oven 375F with rack on lower middle position. Grease a 9×13 baking pan and set aside.
- Make the Crust/Topping: In a bowl, hand-whisk the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Use a pastry cutter to cut in the cold butter. Add the egg and continue to cut in with pastry cutter until dough becomes a crumbly consistency. Evenly press half of the dough into greased pan (see video for tips.)
- Make the Filling: In a large bowl, hand-whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the blueberries to coat. Softly spread blueberries evenly over crust, including excess juice from the bowl. Evenly sprinkle remaining topping dough over the blueberry layer.
- Bake 45-50 min or just until topping is golden brown. Let dessert cool completely at room temp before cutting into squares (may be easier to cut when chilled) Serve bars chilled or re-heated, with ice cream or freshly whipped cream.
- Category: dessert