This Blueberry Sour Cream Cake is amazingly easy and ultra scrumptious! With its moist, tender crumb and berry sweetness, it can be enjoyed for breakfast AND dessert. It’s so delicious, you won’t even need frosting.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened but not melty at all
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Kemps® sour cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ripe blueberries (dry any surface moisture)
- Optional: powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Generously grease and flour bottom and sides of a 9-inch Springform pan with removable sides. Tap out excess flour and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer (or just a large bowl, if using electric hand mixer) combine the softened butter and sugar. Using paddle attachment, cream until light and fluffy, 2-3 min on medium high speed. Lower to medium speed and beat in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt) and gently whisk to combine well. Use a rubber spatula to fold dry ingredients into wet butter mixture, just until a few slight flour streaks remain; do not over mix batter.
- Sprinkle blueberries with a big pinch of flour, just to lightly coat. Gently fold in 1 cup of blueberries into the batter, reserving 1/2 cup blueberries for later. Evenly spread batter into prepared Springform pan, ensuring even surface through the edges. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup blueberries evenly on top of batter. Place cake on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake 65-70 min, or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few tiny tender crumbs attached (start watching cake about 20 minutes beforehand, to make sure it’s not browning too quickly. Check often and loosely tent with foil if needed.)
- Let cake cool completely in pan. Once edges have cooled and pulled away from sides of pan, gently remove the sides. Serve with dusting of powdered sugar, if desired.
- Category: breakfast, dessert, cake
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry sour cream cake