Between game days and holidays, I’m often in the market for a super fast, very easy, boldly tasty party dip that I can whip up in mere minutes.
This Easy Cheese Chicken Dip is all that. It happens to be a gluten free dip recipe, if that matters to any of your peeps. And it needs only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes.
Maybe 6.5 minutes if you’re like me and the pantry needs a makeover. In that case, you may lose an extra minute and a half looking for the hot sauce you know you have in there somewhere. Then the thought crosses your mind that one of your people may have used it all without telling you and you suddenly feel the heat in your cheeks rising.
But then you find the hot sauce you knew you had and all is well again. Welcome to my daily life.
Thankfully, this Cheese Chicken Dip is so fast and easy, it more than makes up for any time lost. You’ll still have plenty of time to mix up this Easy Apple Cider Sangria we all appreciate so much. It goes so well with this party dip.
Here’s how we make this creamy, cheesy, boldly flavorful chicken dip…
How to make Easy Cheesy Chicken Dip:
- Gather the team: Frank’s red hot sauce, good quality ranch dressing, shredded cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and cooked/shredded chicken.
- We used 2 cans (25 oz each) of chunk chicken breast to make this recipe manageable in 5 minutes
- If you prefer to use shredded rotisserie chicken or cook chicken to shred, that works too. It will just take longer than 5 minutes.
- To get your cream cheese extra soft, place in glass container and microwave in 30 second increments until it’s soft enough to easily mix into the dip without any lumps. That’s my favorite tip ever; I do this for all “softened cream cheese” recipes.
You may want to bookmark this recipe, too:
Easy Cheesy Chicken Dip
Easy Cheesy Chicken Dip is just the ticket for game days and gatherings when you need a super quick, flavorful appetizer. This cheesy chicken dip needs only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes. No baking. Serve with crackers, chips, or veggies.
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 10-12 1x
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz whole cream cheese, fully softened*
1/2 cup good hot sauce (I like Frank’s hot sauce )
1/2 cup good quality ranch dressing
2 cans (25 oz each) chunk chicken breast, drained
[Optional: 1 bunch chives, chopped]
In a bowl, mix together hot sauce, ranch dressing, and fully softened cream cheese until mixture is fully smooth without lumps. Add cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Add chicken and stir to shred chicken and combine. Add chives if desired. Transfer to serving dish and serve chilled or room temp, with crackers, chips, baguette slices, or veggies.
- Soften cream cheese fully by removing from foil and placing in glass bowl; microwave in 30 second increments until fully soft and able to be mixed in without lumps
- Use whole cream cheese and whole cheddar cheese; lowfat veresions don’t not work well for this recipe
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: american
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Kitchen Stuff We love: