This Easy Denver Omelette Bake comes together quickly and results in a fluffy, tasty, satisfying morning meal! Perfect for weekends, holidays, and brunch for a crowd.
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 16 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Optional garnishes: sliced green onions and salsa
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Lightly grease a 9×13 glass or ceramic baking dish; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add onions and saute for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add red and green bell peppers, stirring until softened. Add 1 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Add garlic powder and stir to combine. Turn heat off. Add diced ham to the mixture, stirring to combine. Evenly distribute mixture into the greased baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and cheese until combined well. Add 1 tsp kosher salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper, whisking to combine. Pour over ham mixture.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or just until center is cooked. Serve warm with green onions and salsa.
If you’re time-crunched, you can skip the skillet step and place raw diced veggies straight into baking dish with ham and seasonings; the dish will have more “texture” and a bit less caramelized onion flavor, but it will work in a jiffy!