Want to wow your friends and family in a flash? Make this super easy Garlic Herb Flatbread. It’s crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and has incredible flavor. All it takes is a few ingredients and about 15 minutes…done and yum!
- 1 (14-16 oz) prepared pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 4 TB olive oil
- 2 TB freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling on top
- On a floured surface, roll out pizza dough to a 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle evenly with garlic. Fold dough in half so the garlic powder is inside the dough. Roll back out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into roughly equal pieces (about 8 pieces.)
- Heat 2 TB oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Swirl to ensure even coating of oil on pan. Once oil is hot, gently place 4 pieces of dough on pan (don’t overcrowd; split into smaller batches if needed.) Cook until golden brown, about 1 min. Flip over and cook another minute. Press down a bit on dough with spatula to ensure even browning.
- Transfer flatbreads to a serving plate. Sprinkle with the parsley (or basil) and sea salt. Repeat with rest of batches, adding more oil to coat pan as necessary. Serve immediately for best results.
If you decide to freeze extra flatbread, be sure to wrap them up airtight. Toast to reheat.