Try this Easy Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe for a deliciously simple version of Caribbean style roast chicken. This super tender, flavorful jerk chicken will quickly become a dinner favorite.
- 10 chicken legs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 TB light brown sugar, packed
- 1 heaping TB dried thyme
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare: Preheat oven to 425F with rack on lower middle position. Use paper towels to thoroughly dry chicken legs of excess moisture. Use fork to poke holes on all sides of chicken legs. Set aside.
- Mix: In a bowl, combine all remaining ingredients to form a spice rub/paste mixture. Evenly rub mixture underneath the skin of chicken legs (easiest to use clean hands to really push the mixture as far underneath skin as you can) as well as on top.
- Bake: Place chicken on large rimmed/foil-lined baking sheet, with space in between each piece. Bake about 40 minutes or until nicely browned. Serve immediately.
Jamaican jerk seasoning classically contains ground cinnamon. However, if you’re sensitive to cinnamon, feel free to start with 1/4 tsp the first time making this dish.
This jerk chicken is delicious served alongside of this easy, super tasty Rice and Beans Recipe If you like this recipe, be sure to make extra dry spice rub to keep in pantry for easy future use (add the olive oil only when you’re ready to use)
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating 🙂
- Category: main, chicken
- Method: roast, bake
- Cuisine: Jamaican, Carribean
Keywords: Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Caribbean Chicken