This Easy Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms is tender, fluffy, and flavorful. It’s the perfect side dish to accompany any meal, anytime.
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz salted butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1 cup good quality long grain rice, such as Jasmine
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups regular strength beef broth
- Optional: chives or parsley for garnish
- In a large heavy pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add onions and cook/stir until softened and almost caramelized, 5-10 min. Add butter, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Stir well to combine. Add rice, stirring to coat. Add mushrooms and beef broth; stir. Bring to boil, cover with tight-fitting lid, and immediately lower to simmer.
- Simmer 30 minutes, without opening lid. With lid still on, turn heat off and let sit 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and season with additional salt/pepper to taste. If desired, garnish with chopped chives or parsley.
- Category: side