This healthy Easy Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is incredibly flavorful, tender, and versatile. Serve it in tacos, burritos, enchiladas, or in a bowl over rice. It’s destined to become a family favorite.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 24 oz your favorite salsa
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Towel dry chicken pieces. Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix salsa and spices together. Spoon over chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours if chicken is defrosted, 8 hours for frozen chicken.
- hour prior to finish, remove chicken and shred with forks. Place shredded chicken back in slow cooker along with corn and beans. Finish cooking for the last 1 hour. If needed, season with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve salsa chicken with your choice of toppings (avocado, shredded cheddar, etc.) over rice or tortillas for tacos or burritos.