This healthy Easy Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken is incredibly flavorful, tender, and versatile. Serve it in tacos, burritos, enchiladas, or in a bowl over rice. It’s destined to become a family favorite.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 8 boneless, skinless thighs)
- 24 oz your favorite salsa
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- salt and black pepper to taste
Optional for Serving: freshly sliced avocado, shredded cheddar cheese, lime wedges, extra salsa
Serving Ideas: rice bowls, soft or crunchy tacos, burritos, or Mexican style salad
- Cook Chicken: Towel dry chicken pieces. Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix salsa and spices together. Spoon over chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours if chicken is defrosted, 8 hours for frozen chicken.
- Shred and Season: 1 hour prior to finish, remove chicken and shred with forks. Place shredded chicken back in slow cooker along with corn and beans. Finish cooking for the last 1 hour. If needed, season with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve salsa chicken with your choice of toppings, with extra salsa on the side if desired.
Meal Prep: double the recipe, serve some tonight and divvy the rest up for this week. Or, freeze in freezer-friendly containers with lids for future meals.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: main
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican American
Keywords: healthy Mexican chicken, salsa chicken, slow cooker chicken