- For the Peanut Sauce:
- 3 TB creamy peanut butter
- 3 TB hoisin sauce
- Freshly squeezed lime juice, from 2 small limes
- 2 tsp garlic chili sauce (or use 2 tsp Sriracha + ¼ tsp garlic powder)
- 2–3 TB water
- For the Spring Rolls:
- 7 oz. dry rice vermicelli (thin rice noodles)
- Asian toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound cooked jumbo shrimp, sliced in half (similar to butterfly-cut, but cut all the way through)
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup julienned cucumber
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced green leaf lettuce
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- 1 bunch Thai basil leaves
- Make the Peanut Sauce: In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients except water. Whisk to combine well. Add enough of the water to thin to desired consistency. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Cook rice vermicelli noodles according to package instructions, just to al dente. Drain and rinse well with very cold water. Sprinkle with enough Asian sesame oil to loosen and prevent sticking.
- In a serving bowl, combine all remaining spring roll ingredients (shrimp, veggies, herbs) and toss gently. Add cooked/cooled vermicelli noodles and toss to combine. Add desired amount of peanut sauce and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
If you don’t eat seafood or want to make it meatless, simply omit the shrimp and proceed with recipe. You can also substitute the shrimp with shredded cooked chicken.
- Category: Main, salad
- Cuisine: Asian