These buttery yellow cupcakes are tender, moist, and uses an easy one-bowl method. The chocolate ganache frosting is finger-lickin’ great! These baby cakes are best eaten the same day they’re made.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 8 TB unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup whole sour cream
- 2 large eggs yolks, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the Chocolate Ganache Frosting:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz good semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- For the Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350F. Line a standard muffin tin with liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add: Flour, sugar, baking power, and salt. Whisk until well blended. Add butter, sour cream, egg, egg yolks, and vanilla. Beat with paddle attachment on medium until smooth and satiny, about 30 seconds. Using rubber spatula, scrape down bowl an mix by hand until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly into lined muffin tin. Bake until tops are gold and toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool.
- For the Frosting: In a small saucepan, bring cream to boil. In a medium bowl, combine chocolate and hot cream. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Cover tightly and chill until cool and slightly firm, about 45 minutes.
- Whip chilled chocolate mixture at medium speed until fluffy and mousse-like, with medium stiff peaks, 2 minutes.
- Spread 2-3 heaping tablespoons of frosting on top of each cupcake. Serve.
- *Note: To double the recipe, double all ingredients except use the following for eggs: 3 whole large eggs and 2 large yolks.