This Kung Pao Chicken Recipe is savory, saucy, and sensational. It’s one of our favorite healthy and fast chicken recipes for any busy weeknight. This amazing Kung Pao Chicken is doubly delicious over a bowl of fluffy rice.
- For the Marinade:
- 2 lbs boneless/skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 2 TB regular soy sauce
- 4 tsp Asian rice cooking wine
- For the Sauce:
- 4 TB Asian seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 tsp regular soy sauce
- 4 tsp Hoisin sauce
- 4 tsp toasted sesame oil (Asian aisle of most grocery stores)
- 4 tsp pure honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- To Cook:
- 4 TB olive oil
- 5–6 dried chilies
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp freshly minced ginger
- 1 large bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange) seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cups green onions, thinly sliced
- Optional: 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped, for garnish
- Towel dry chicken pieces to remove excess liquid. Place chicken in a bowl and add all Marinade ingredients, stirring until all cornstarch is fully dissolved. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all Sauce ingredients and stir well until cornstarch is fully dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large wok or large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until oil is hot. Add chilies, garlic, and ginger, continually stirring 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add marinated chicken and keep stirring until no longer pink in center, 3-5 minutes. Add bell pepper, stirring 1 minute. Add your Sauce, stirring to coat well and heat through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle on the green onions and transfer to serving dish or individual plates. Garnish with roasted peanuts if desired. Serve over cooked white or brown rice.