Fluffy Belgian Waffles
We recently returned from our first 10-hour road trip to South Dakota. We were like mega tourists with our camera and backpacks. We got all adventurous in the Black Hills, meandering through Custer State Park and Mt. Rushmore. It was simply gorgeous.
There’s no eye candy like the great outdoors. Difficult hikes up rocky terrains in the summer heat = totally worth it = breathtaking beauty ⇓
The Littles shocked me at how well they navigated the tricky terrain of the wilderness. They were rewarded with coming face to face with huge elk and other wildlife like they’ve never seen.
As if that weren’t fun enough, our family flew in from Cali to hang with us last week. The Littles embraced every minute of entertaining their little cousins here in our Twin Cities stomping grounds. We finally got to show off our beautiful summer in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
Top with Berries, Maple syrup, or Powder Sugar
Just a few weeks ago, strawberries were aplenty and the farms were bursting with them. Hubby, the boys, and myself went berry crazy; we brought home a minivan full of lush, ripe, red, juicy berries.
Or Serve Waffles Just as They are
Let’s just savor a moment of silence over these fluffy Belgian waffles.
Golden, slightly crispy edges, fluffy on the inside, and melt-in-your-mouth.
Simply divine fresh off the waffle iron. It’s perfection with a layer of freshly sliced strawberries on top and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Or pure maple syrup, if that’s your jam.
These Fluffy Belgian Waffles are made with a sweetened batter, so they’re tantalizing just as they are. Just serve ’em up with some berries and you’re good to go. One bite of these homemade waffles and you’ll totally leggo of those Eggos.
More to Cook and Eat:
- Fluffy Coconut Pancakes (Dairy-free)
- Blueberry Lemon French Toast Bake
- 21 Easy, Delicious Brunch Recipes
- Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- Fluffiest Wheat Waffles
have you seen our most popular french toast yet?
Fluffy Belgian Waffles
These fluffy Belgian Waffles are easy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! With a sweet batter, they don’t need any garnish except some juicy fresh berries when finished.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
Yield: 10 waffles 1x
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- For garnish: plenty of sliced fresh strawberries, powdered sugar, or maple syrup
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. Add the milk, butter, and vanilla to the yolks. Mix well until combined. Stir yolk mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula, just until combined. Using an electric mixer and a separate clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Use rubber spatula to gently fold the stiff egg whites into waffle batter, just until combined. Do not over mix. Let batter rest 10 minutes while you preheat the waffle iron.
- Cook waffles in heated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions, until waffles are golden. Serve with fresh strawberries, powdered sugar, or maple syrup.
- Category: breakfast
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram