This Fresh Corn Avocado Salad embraces all the sweetness and crispness of juicy fresh corn, combined with the rich creaminess of avocado. It’s easy, delicious, and healthy.
- 4 sweet ears of fresh corn, shucked
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1/4 cup freshly torn basil leaves
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large, semi-ripe avocado
- Immerse corn in a pot of cold water (add 2-3 TB sugar if your corn isn’t a sweet variety.) Bring to a rapid boil uncovered. Immediately turn heat off, cover with lid, and let sit 15 minutes. Use tongs to transfer corn to a colander and rinse well with cold water to prevent further cooking. When cool enough to handle, slice rows of whole kernels off the corn. Set aside.
- Place corn kernels in a serving bowl (leave some corn kernels in rows, if you like the look of freshly sliced corn.) Add freshly torn basil leaves and half of the lime juice. Add kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Use rubber spatula to toss gently.
- Peel, seed, and cut avocado into small cubes; toss with remaining lime juice. Carefully add to the corn mixture, tossing just enough to combine. Serve immediately.
- Category: Salad