These are the best of three worlds – brownies, chocolate cookies, and peanut butter all wrapped into one decadent, chewy, stay-soft sandwich cookie!
- For the Cookies:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten, room temp
- 1 TB pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened real cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- For the Filling:
- 1 cup salted butter, room temp
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, room temp
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2–3 TB whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa.
- In another large bowl or the bowl of stand mixer, combine butter, both sugars, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high until it’s as fluffy as it can get, scraping sides down periodically; about 3-4 minutes. Add beaten eggs and beat just to combine.
- Using rubber spatula, gently fold flour mixture into butter mixture just until batter is completely moistened. Fold in milk chocolate chips.
- Wrap and chill dough until firm enough to handle, about 30 min to 1 hour.
- Form dough into walnut sized balls and flatten slightly, as these tend not to spread too much. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake about 8 minutes. They’ll seem a bit underdone, but will set up nicely when cool.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Beat together the butter and peanut butter in a large bowl until smooth and fluffy. Gradually add in powdered sugar and beat until filling is smooth. Add 1 TB milk at a time, until desired consistency. Gently fill cooled cookies with desired amount.