This Grilled Chicken with Garlic Lime Marinade is a deliciously tender, juicy dish that’s sure to become a family favorite. Every bite is bursting with big flavors.
- 3 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (thighs recommended for tenderness)
- 1/3 cup + 2 TB pure honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup regular soy sauce
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TB Sriracha hot sauce; adjust for desired heat level
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 TB freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp ground or freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- Other: Oil for cooking, freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
- Dry: thoroughly dry chicken with paper towel and pierce with fork throughout. Lightly pound pieces into even thickness. Sprinkle both sides of chicken pieces with light layer of kosher salt (kosher salt is much coarser than table salt.)
- Marinade: in a large pan or bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients into a well-combined marinade. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade for later. Add chicken to the pan/bowl of marinade, turning to coat well. Marinade 2-3 hours, turning occasionally to re-coat.
- Grill: coat grill with oil, heating over medium-high heat until hot. Place chicken evenly on grill and cook until nice grill marks appear and center is no longer pink, approx. 4 min/side (time depends on thickness) and basting occasionally with your 1/4 cup of reserved marinade.
- Rest: let cooked chicken sit at room temp for 2-3 minutes before cutting into it. Serve immediately with freshly chopped cilantro for garnish, if desired.
For indoor/stovetop grilling, our favorite pan is this cast iron one.
- Category: main, chicken
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: Asian American
Keywords: Grilled Chicken, Marinated Grilled Chicken, Garlic Chicken, Lime Chicken