With this Gluten-Free Banana Bread, you truly have it all: no refined sugars, no dairy, and clean-eating yum. You won’t miss a beat of flavor. It’s superbly delicious and surprisingly moist!
- 2 1/2 cups GF, old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups very ripe, mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup pure honey
- 1/3 cup liquid (melted) coconut oil, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 TB vinegar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup dried, unsweetened blueberries (or other dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9×5 loaf pan. Set aside.
- Blend oats in blender until it becomes oat flour. It should be like powder. Add all remaining ingredients, except for dried blueberries. Blend briefly just until mixture is smooth; don’t over blend. Transfer batter to a bowl and use rubber spatula to fold in dried berries. Transfer into greased pan, evenly spreading out the top. Bake 40-45 min or just until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean, with a few tender crumbs attached. Don’t over-bake to avoid dryness.
- Let cool in pan completely before serving.
* To be sure this recipe is gluten-free, double check that baking powder, baking soda, etc. are labeled GF.
* For easy removal from pan, wait until bread is completely cooled. Use thin sharp knife to carefully separate bread from edges of pan. Invert over a serving plate and give the bottom of pan a few strong pats. Bread should pop right out.
- Category: breakfast, brunch, snack