This Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad with Avocado is extra scrumptious with the best honey balsamic dressing you’ve ever tasted. Healthy, satisfying, and fast!
- For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- 1 TB pure honey
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- For the Salad:
- 2 lbs chicken breast (tenderloins recommended)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups kale leaves or mixed greens
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls, halved
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 2 avocados, diced and sprinkled with lime juice
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Other: Oil for grilling
- Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until well combined. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Cook the Chicken: Using paper towels, dry chicken breasts to remove excess moisture. Sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast with a light layer of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, pressing to adhere the spices. Grease outdoor grill or indoor grill pan; heat grill until oil is hot. Grill chicken just until both sides are evenly grill-marked and center is no longer pink; don’t overcook. Transfer to cutting board and let sit 5-10 min. before slicing.
- Assemble Salad: Meanwhile, combine the kale, tomatoes, mozzarella, corn, avocado, and basil leaves in a large salad bowl. Slice grilled chicken and add to the salad. Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad; toss gently, adding more dressing as needed. Add more kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper if desired. Serve.
If using kale as the salad base, this salad keeps well for several hours; it’s fantastic as a make-ahead salad.
Make it meatless by omitting the chicken; it’s still delicious.
- Category: salad, main dish, side dish
- Cuisine: Italian