This Grilled Teriyaki Salmon is tender, flaky, easy, and delicious! Healthy to boot. The teriyaki sauce is the best sauce you’ll ever brush onto any grilled meats.
- 4 salmon fillets, 6-8 oz each, about 1-inch thick
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce (such as Kikkoman)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- Juice of 2 fresh orange wedges
- 1 1/2 TB cornstarch, fully dissolved in 1-2 TB water
- dash of ground ginger
- Garnish: toasted sesame seeds, thinly sliced green onions
- Teriyaki Sauce: In a heavy medium pan, combine all sauce ingredients. Whisk to combine well. Bring to a boil. Lower to simmer and whisk until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Keep warm.
- Prep Salmon: thoroughly dry salmon fillets with paper towels. Sprinkle a light layer of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper on both sides (or just top side, if bottom has skin on.)
- Cook: lightly grease and heat outdoor grill (or indoor stovetop grill pan) until very hot (smoky.) Lay salmon fillets on grill and cook on medium-high heat until just-cooked. Do not over-cook. Generally, about 2-3 min per side, depending on thickness. Let cooked fish rest at room temp for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve: drizzle generously with teriyaki sauce and garnish as desired. Serve immediately. Delicious over a bed of rice or over a plate of green salad.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating 🙂
- Category: dinner, main
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: Asian American
Keywords: Grilled Salmon, Teriyaki Salmon, Easy Salmon Recipe