This Grilled Teriyaki Salmon is tender, flaky, easy, and delicious! Healthy to boot. The teriyaki sauce is the best sauce you’ll ever brush onto any grilled meats.
- 4 thick salmon fillets, 6-8 oz each
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce (my favorite is Kikkoman)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Juice of 2 fresh orange wedges
- 1 1/2 TB cornstarch, dissolved in 1 TB water
- dash of ground ginger
- Garnish: toasted sesame seeds, thinly sliced green onions
- Make the Teriyaki Sauce: In a heavy medium pan, combine all sauce ingredients. Whisk to combine well. Bring to a boil. Lower to simmer and whisk until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Keep warm.
- Thoroughly dry salmon fillets with paper towels. Sprinkle a light layer of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper on both sides (or just top side, if bottom has skin on) Grill on preheated grill until just cooked; do not over-cook. About 2-3 min per side, depending on thickness.
- Drizzle generously with teriyaki sauce and garnish as desired. Serve immediately. Delicious over a bed of rice or over a plate of green salad.
- Category: dinner, main