This Ham, Potato, and Vegetable soup is made easy in the slow cooker! It’s simple, healthy, and a delicious way to use up leftover ham bone/ham. Perfect weeknight meal!
- 1 ham bone with leftover meat attached, plus leftover ham meat cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 4 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6–7 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 TB garlic powder or minced garlic
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In slow-cooker, add all ingredients except for potatoes. Stir well to combine. Cook on LOW for 8 hours (or on high for 6 hours), adding the cubed potatoes during the last 2 hours.
- Remove ham bone. If needed, remove attached meat and shred. Discard the bone, and return shredded meat to the slow cooker.
- Continue cooking until soup is warmed up again. If needed, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: soup, dinner