This Hash Brown Tomato Breakfast Casserole is chock full of morning favorites, all baked up into one fabulous dish. Perfect for brunch, potlucks, and even breakfast for dessert.
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, torn up (more if you like)
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (no casings) crumbled and browned
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 tsp table salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle position. Butter a 9×13 baking dish.
- Layer the hash brown patties into bottom of dish. Layer the spinach evenly over potatoes, followed by the browned sausage. Layer 2 cups of cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over casserole mix and pat down the mixture to even it all out and ensure even soaking of egg mixture.
- Top evenly with sliced tomatoes, followed by remaining cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese. Top with parsley flakes, if desired.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center shows no uncooked egg mixture on it. Let cool 10 minutes and serve.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: breakast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast casserole, hash brown breakfast casserole, tomato breakfast casserole, sausage breakfast casserole