For a truly cool & tropical drink this summer, look no further. This Hawaiian Mai Tai is a sure crowd pleaser. This recipe can be made ahead of time in your favorite pitcher until party time.
As much as we adore our go-to mojitos, we sometimes host big summer parties where you’d need to have an on-call bartender in order to crush out that many single glasses of mojitos.
That’s where these easy, crowd-pleasing, and make-ahead Hawaiian Mai Tai’s come in.
Hello, Yumminess in a Glass.
You don’t have to stand in the kitchen, doling out a glass at a time. You can simply make a giant-sized pitcher of this, chill it for hours, and serve it up when you’re good and ready.
A refreshing blend of pineapple, lime, and orange flavors, this Hawaiian Mai Tai is set to be the star of your next summer gathering.
Pssst…be sure to pour this mai tai into glasses that are filled with ice. A bit of melting ice will give you the perfect flavor balance 👍🏼
For a truly tropical, breezy drink this summer, look no further. This Hawaiian Mai Tai is a sure crowd pleaser. This recipe can be made ahead of time in your favorite pitcher until party time.
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice, cold
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (i.e., Grand Marnier)
- 1–2 TB agave nectar, depending on how sweet you prefer it
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda, for use right before serving
- crushed ice for serving
- In a pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, rum, lime juice, orange liqueur, agave nectar, and almond extract. Stir well. Cover and place in fridge to chill until ready to serve (can be done several hours ahead of time.)
- When ready to serve, fill glasses with ice. Pour lemon-lime soda into the pitcher, gently stir, and divide into glasses.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a crowd.
Although the addition of almond extract may sound unique, you’ll definitely want to include it. It lends such a great flavor to the mai tai, and it won’t taste like almonds 🙂
Source: Chew Out Loud