This Rotisserie Chicken Salad is healthier than most, without sacrificing a bit of flavor. The flavor is robust and delicious, and even non-chicken salad eaters will be going back for seconds!
- 7 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup whole plain yogurt (Greek is great)
- 1/2 cup real mayo
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: chopped parsley for garnish
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. Gently fold with rubber spatula until all ingredients are well incorporated. Cover and chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with crusty bread, crackers, or in a sandwich. It’s also delicious over a green salad, if you’re looking to cut down on carbs. Keeps well when covered and chilled for several days.
Most chicken salads use quite a bit of mayo and sour cream. We “healthified” this recipe by using mostly yogurt and cutting the mayo in half. We still recommend the flavor of whole mayo for 1/2 cup amount, but if you prefer, you can use lowfat.
Keywords: Rotisserie Chicken Salad