Healthy Creamy Chicken Enchilada Bake is incredible, with this scrumptious Mexican inspired dish. All the bold flavors you love in an enchilada – without the fuss.
- 2 1/2 cups plain whole Greek yogurt
- 2 cans (10 oz each) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (rotisserie works well)
- 2 cups low-fat Mexican shredded cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup slice olives
- 12 corn tortillas
- Garnishes: cilantro, green onions, avocado, salsa
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lower middle position. Lightly grease a 9×13″ baking dish (or two 9-10″ round pans.) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, drained tomatoes with chilies, corn, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and chili powder. Whisk or stir until smooth. Add cooked, shredded chicken and combine well.
- Layer half of the tortillas onto bottom of greased baking dish. Evenly spread half of the yogurt/chicken mixture on top. Evenly top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with olives. Bake uncovered 25 minutes; tent loosely with foil partway through if top is browning too quickly.
- Let sit at room temp 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with chopped cilantro, green onions, sliced avocado, or salsa with corn if desired.
This casserole can be assembled the night before, but your bake time will need to be adjusted (increased) if it is cold before baking.