You can have this Healthy Creamy Lemon Dill Chicken on the dinner table in 20 minutes. The tasty lemon dill sauce brings deliciously bright flavors to this light chicken recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 TB olive oil
- For Lemon Dill Sauce:
- 1 cup regular chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 2 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TB flour
- 1 TB salted butter
- 3 TB freshly cut dill leaves
- Garnish: lemon zest and lemon slices
- Use paper towels to thoroughly dry chicken pieces, ensuring all excess moisture is removed. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper to form seasoning mixture. Evenly sprinkle seasoning over both sides of each chicken breast, pressing in to adhere mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken, taking care not to overcrowd. Cover skillet, leaving about a quarter of pan uncovered, to allow steam to escape. Cook until chicken is browned on both sides and center is no longer pink, no more than 165F internal temp for thickest center portions (approx 3-4 min per side, depending on thickness and starting temp of your chicken) Transfer cooked chicken to separate plate and keep warm.
- In a bowl, gently whisk together the lemon dill sauce ingredients until well incorporated. Pour sauce into same skillet (now empty) and constantly stir over medium-high heat, uncovered, until reduced by half (about 5 min.) You should end up with about 1 cup of sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve with garnish, if desired.
- Category: dinner, main, chicken
- Cuisine: American