This past weekend was Chinese New Year. If you knew that, you’re already way ahead of us.
Hubby and I have an annual habit of forgetting Chinese New Year until it’s come and gone. Sometimes I would only remember because one of the Littles would come home from school with some artwork or notice about the Lunar New Year.
Totally sad, I know. My mom would so not be proud of this. Please, nobody tell her.
In my defense, we’ve now lived across the country from our extended family for nine years. I no longer have Mom nearby to tell me it’s time for The Big Potluck. Silent tears.
However. I did have just enough time on Chinese New Year to redeem myself an itty bitty bit by whipping up a wok full of succulent Garlic Szechuan Shrimp…
This Healthy Garlic Szechuan Shrimp is steamy and succulent. It’s huge on flavor, tender, and doubly delish over a bed of fluffy rice.
And though it’s amazingly delicious, this Szechuan Shrimp manages to remain healthy and simple. It takes only 10 minutes to get on your dinner table. Don’t bother with takeout; this is So. Much. Better.
Grab your wok (or large pan) and throw down some luscious shrimp. New Year or not 😛
You May Also Like this easy Spring Roll Bowl:
Healthy Garlic Szechuan Shrimp
This Garlic Szechuan Shrimp is huge on flavor, while maintaining a healthy profile. It takes only 10 minutes and is immensely better than takeout. Dazzle them with this healthy and succulent Szechuan Shrimp tonight.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- 12 oz raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 TB olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly minced ginger
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Asian rice wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 TB soy sauce (regular or light)
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1 TB pure honey
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Garnish: 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Pat dry the shrimp with paper towels so all excess moisture is removed; set aside.
- Make the Sauce: In a bowl, gently whisk together all Sauce ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat just until hot. Add garlic; stir and cook 1 min until fragrant. Add ginger and stir another 30 seconds. Add shrimp and stir until it just turns opaque, about 2-3 min. Add the sauce, stirring to heat through and thicken, 1-2 min. Sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.
- Category: dinner, main
- Cuisine: Chinese, Asian
Kitchen Stuff We Love:
Way Better Than Takeout: