This Healthy One-Pot Chicken Chili takes only 30 minutes to cook and tastes like a cool-weather dream! Whatever the season, everyone you serve this chili to will be going back for seconds.
- 3 TB olive oil
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 bell peppers, mixed colors, seeded/roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cans (28 oz. each) crushed tomatoes, with all juices
- 1 whole, cooked rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 2 cups good quality chicken broth
- Optional for Serving:
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- shredded cheese
- corn tortilla chips
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil until hot. Add onions and garlic. Stir on medium-high heat 3 minutes or until tender. Add bell peppers, salt, chili powder, sugar, cumin, and paprika; stir 2 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Increase to high heat and stir in crushed tomatoes with juices, shredded chicken, and broth. Bring to a rapid boil. Immediately cover and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with optional toppings, as desired. Chili keeps well covered and chilled for several days. (In fact, flavor intensifies wonderfully the next day.)