This Healthy One-Pot Chicken Chili takes only 30 minutes to cook and tastes like a cool-weather dream! Whatever the season, everyone you serve this chili to will be going back for seconds.
- 3 TB olive oil
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 bell peppers, mixed colors, seeded/roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cans (28 oz. each) crushed tomatoes, with all juices
- 1 whole, cooked rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 2 cups good quality chicken broth
- Optional for Serving: chopped cilantro or parsley, shredded cheese, corn tortilla chips
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil until hot. Add onions and garlic. Stir on medium-high heat 3 minutes or until tender. Add bell peppers, salt, chili powder, sugar, cumin, and paprika; stir 2 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Increase to high heat and stir in crushed tomatoes with juices, shredded chicken, and broth. Bring to a rapid boil. Immediately cover and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with optional toppings, as desired. Chili keeps well covered and chilled for several days. (In fact, flavor intensifies wonderfully the next day.)
Variations: try cooked, shredded turkey in place of the chicken. Or, quickly cook up a pound of ground meat (turkey, beef, or sausage) and use it as the main protein.
If using cooked ground beef, feel free to use beef broth in place of chicken broth.
We love using fire roasted tomatoes whenever possible, which provide extra boost of flavors.
Feel free to add your choice of beans: chickpeas, black beans, or Northern beans work well.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: Chicken chili