This is the most moist and delicious healthy pumpkin bread you’ll bake and eat. This pumpkin bread recipe is made with pure honey, plenty of real pumpkin, and whole grain. You’ve got to try it to believe how good it is.
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup pure honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 white whole wheat flour (do not pack down or tap measuring cup)*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- Optional Topping: 1 TB coarse turbinado raw cane sugar, plus extra
- Preheat oven to 325F with rack on lower middle position. Grease a nonstick 9×5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin honey, oil, cider, vanilla, and eggs until fully incorporated. In a separate bowl, use hand whisk to fully combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Use rubber spatula to gently fold flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture. Batter should be rather thin, so you only need to fold a few times just until no dry flour streaks remain.
- Use rubber spatula to transfer mixture into prepared loaf pan. Even out the top so that corners are filled. If desired, sprinkle top evenly with turbinado sugar and bake 45-50 minutes or just until toothpick inserted into center comes out with a few tender crumbs attached. Do not wait until toothpick is fully dry/clean, as it’s often overdone by then.
- If desired, sprinkle extra turbinado sugar over top of freshly baked pumpkin bread and let cool completely in pan at room temp. Once cooled, run thin knife carefully around edges to loosen and lift bread.
* You’ll get more accurate flour measuring results by using scoop-scrape method: Gently scoop flour into measuring cup and use flat end of a knife to scrape off excess flour off the top. This requires that you have measuring cups without rims.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy pumpkin bread