Make a batch of Homemade Almond Roca for parties, cookie trays, or gift-giving. These toffee candies are absolutely scrumptious, impressive, and easy to make.
Homemade Almond Roca is a holiday classic that brings us back to childhood
When my brother and I were Littles, we often savored our gold-foil-wrapped Almond Roca candies by the fistful. We loved finding those happy pink canisters in our kitchen any time of year.
To this day, it’s anybody’s guess whether all those chocolate covered toffee candies were given to us by Mom’s friends or if she secretly stashed our pantry with them herself.
Either way, that pretty much started a long term friendship with the chocolatey, crunchy, highly addictive Almond Roca. 💓
Vary the shapes, sizes, and look of your Almond Roca for the fun of it
Few goodies are more impressive or appreciated than a container of homemade Almond Roca gifted to your favorite people.
These homemade Almond Roca are easy and every bit as amazingly delicious as the ones you buy off the shelf. The varied shapes and sizes of your homemade toffee candies makes it super fun for munching during the holidays.
Homemade almond roca uses Only 6 ingredients
- Light brown sugar – pack it in tight
- Salted butter – you’ll need 2 cups (or 4 sticks.) While you’re doling out the butter, remind yourself it’s a special occasion
- Roasted and salted almonds, coarsely chopped – if you can put them in the oven for a quick fresh roast (take care not to burn, of course) then you’ll be massively rewarded with a wonderful nutty aroma
- Milk chocolate chips – you can technically use semi-sweet or dark chocolate, but milk chocolate simply tastes best in these crunchy/chewy toffee candies
- vegetable oil
- Special equipment: Candy thermometer – now’s the time to invest in one, if you don’t have one already. Use it to make this unbelievable 4-Ingredient salted caramel as well.
Almond roca chocolates are perfect for parties, gifts, and keep well
Wrap ’em up, tie some ribbons, and generously share the love. Bonus: you can absolutely make them ahead of time, wrap them up, and they stay deliciously ‘n delightfully crunchy for several weeks at moderate room temp. They also freeze well for those holiday-treat-emergencies. They’re perfect for sharing any time of year.
More to make and eat:
- Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce (4-Ingredient) – this is a basic must for all home cooks. It’s delicious over ice cream, sliced apples, popcorn, and anything else you’d love caramel with.
- 3-Ingredient Crockpot Chocolate Almond Clusters – these easy, nutty chocolate treats are so much better than anything store-bought and perfect for gift giving.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats [Gluten-Free] – elevate your basic rice krispies treats by making them into peanut butter and chocolate treats.
- Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie – this jumbo sized cookie-in-a-pan is perfection for birthdays and any special occasion.