This Honey Sriracha Buffalo Chicken Wings recipe is stunningly crispy and flavorful. Plus, they’re oven baked, not fried! A couple of secret ingredients boost the crispiness of these finger-licking great chicken wings. This buffalo wings sauce is amazing!
- 3 lbs chicken wings, split, no tips
- 1 TB garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher/coarse salt
- 1 TB baking powder
- 1 TB corn starch
- For the Sauce:
- 5 TB butter
- ½ cup pure honey
- ¼ cup Sriracha (use less if you want it mild)
- 1 TB light soy sauce
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Optional: freshly chopped parsley or chives or garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F, with rack on upper middle position. Line a large baking sheet with foil and generously grease the foil. Very thoroughly chicken wings with paper towels; take the time to dry each piece well, so that all excess moisture is removed.
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine garlic powder, pepper, salt, baking powder, and corn starch. Mix well. Add chicken wings, gently shaking to coat thoroughly.
- Place wings in single layer on foil lined baking sheet. Bake 45-50 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- While chicken is baking, make the sauce. In a small pot, melt butter. Add rest of sauce ingredients, constantly stirring, until mixture starts to bubble. Immediately remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer baked wings to a large serving platter.
- When ready to serve, pour as much sauce as desired over wings, tossing to coat well. If desired, save some sauce for serving alongside of wings. Serve immediately while chicken is crisp.
- Category: appetizers, side dish
- Cuisine: American