This Hot Imitation Crab Dip is affordable and delicious. It’s hearty, creamy, and satisfying. Be sure to serve it warm. Breads, crackers, and veggies are excellent dippers for this dip!
- 1 TB whole mayo
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 TB water
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce (I use Tabasco sauce)
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. whole cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 LB imitation crab meat, chopped or shredded
- Optional: kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a microwavable bowl, combine all ingredients except for imitation crab meat. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until warmed through and smooth. Stir to combine well.
- Gently fold in crab meat, combining well. Cover and microwave 2 minutes or until hot. Add kosher salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Serve hot with crackers, breads, or veggies.
If dip is too thick, add a bit more water to it. Be sure to serve it hot, as dip needs to be warm in order to stay soft and creamy in texture.
Variation: add a dash of Old Bay seasoning instead of salt/pepper.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: appetizer
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Hot Crab Dip, Imitation Crab Dip, Crab Salad