Cabbages are a nutritious, healthy, and affordable vegetable that’s extremely versatile. Here’s how to cook cabbage your family will actually eat. Serve it as a side dish with any meal.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- Half a head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium high heat until hot. Add garlic and stir 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add sliced cabbage and stir frequently for even cooking and to prevent garlic from burning. Stir until cabbage is softened and edges are lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes depending on desired level of tenderness.
- When cabbage is just about done, add kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Save the unused half of cabbage for later use: wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge (it should keep fresh for 1-2 weeks if stored correctly.)
Non-vegan option: add cooked, crumbed bacon towards the end of sauté time. You can also use some of the bacon grease for cooking if you’d like.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cabbage Recipe, Stir Fry Cabbage, Sauté Cabbage