Once you make this tender, delicious Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa at home, it’ll become a family favorite. It’s perfect for meal prep and freezer meals, too.
Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa
I’ve been waiting a long time to share this awesome-amazing-delicious Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa recipe with you all. I love pretty much everything about this barbacoa recipe. You’d be hard pressed not to.
It’s one of those recipes that will easily capture everyone’s taste buds [and therefore their 💗.] And you’ll probably be asked to make it again, like tomorrow.
It’s one of those recipes where people automatically assume you ambitiously took on a major operation in the kitchen. But the secret reality is that you simply tossed stuff into your pressure cooker and walked away. One hour later, the magic happened all by itself in that mysterious Instant Pot.
This beef barbacoa recipe is also superb for feeding crowds, for the weekly meal prep, and for keeping the grocery budget in check (chuck roasts are deliciously affordable.) Like I said, I love pretty much everything about this dish.
Tips for Making the Best Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa
Here are a few helpful tips I’ve learned on my beef barbacoa journey:
- Make the sauce the day before, or even 2 days before. Seriously, it will make your day when you go to toss stuff into your Instant Pot. So, so easy.
- The chipotle peppers and adobo sauce? They come in 1 can. Just 1 single can that looks like this one. The brand doesn’t matter. Just know that once again, it is super easy.
- Some beef barbacoa recipes ask you to use a blender or food processor to blend up the sauce ingredients. You do not have to do that. At all. The sauce is superbly fabulous without blending a single thing. You can tell I’m all about making things easy [but totally delicious.]
- Yes, you can use your slow cooker for this beef barbacoa recipe, but it will take more like 8 hours. With your Instant Pot, it’s 1 hour tops.
- This recipe is wonderfully flexible — use beef barbacoa over rice bowls, noodle bowls, corn or flour tortillas, or scoop it up with chips. The possibilities are endless, and leftovers are a very happy thing.
What to serve with Beef Barbacoa
We already talked about some options like rice bowls, noodle bowls, tortillas, barbacoa salad, or simply scooping up it up with chips.
To make meal planning even easier, here are some of some actual recipes that are already written, for serving alongside of your barbacoa:
- Mexican Rice Salad
- Cuban Rice and Beans Recipe
- Chunky Salsa with Corn
- 5-Minute Real Guacamole
- Mango Black Bean Salsa Dip
Don’t forget to scroll to bottom for pictures of similar recipes, because pictures are everything and we all like pictures.
See this Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa in action:
The video 👆🏼 said it all. Or showed it all. I could totally end it here, but I’ll say just a teensy bit more about this most-awesome beef barbacoa. Print