How to Make Risotto in the Instant Pot
This Instant Pot Parmesan Lemon Risotto makes a deliciously savory risotto that requires no fuss and very little effort. You can easily serve this bright, flavorful Instant Pot Risotto any busy weeknight. Bonus: this happens to be gluten-free and vegetarian.
May is an awesome month here in the Twin Cities, but along with the gorgeous weather comes the insane flurry of activities. We are suddenly in the thick of daily baseball, soccer, swim, and more soccer. Plus scout camps and piano and violin. We are hardly ever home, which is probably why my succulent is dying. [I thought they didn’t need much water? I’m so confused.]
I’ve said this before, but I truly never imagined I’d turn into that crazy mama. I always envisioned us sitting down to a homemade meal every night, with the entire family happily eating together with zero bickering. Definitely no scarfing down PBJ’s in the car while rushing to the soccer field. I was an awesome parent before I had kids 😉
And this on-the-go lifestyle, Friends, is why my Instant Pot has earned a special space in the kitchen. It is pressure cooking magic. I literally made this Instant Pot Parmesan Lemon Risotto on a particularly hectic weeknight. This Instant Pot risotto is fuss-free, easy, and fast.
Who would have thought risotto could happen on a hectic Thursday night?
How to make Risotto in an Instant Pot:
If you’ve made risotto before, you know it’s normally rather fussy. Risotto generally requires a bit of elbow grease and time. However, the Instant Pot levels the playing field for busy home cooks and lets us enjoy dishes like risotto with minimal effort.
There are only 2 steps to this Instant Pot risotto recipe: sauté and pressure cook. You’ll sauté chopped onions until aromatic and then stir in the rice. Toss in the remaining ingredients and set the pressure cooker for just 8 minutes. Yes, 8 minutes.
Let the Instant Pot do its natural release thing, while you go about your business. Once the natural release is done, the risotto is ready. Bonus: You only have one pot to clean.
Why this Instant Pot Parmesan Lemon Risotto is awesome:
- It’s savory, satisfying, and full of flavor
- It goes well alongside any vegetables or protein you want to serve it with
- No fussing, standing over the stove, or constant stirring
- It’s super easy and even faster than normal rice
Here’s to carpooling around town while still eating risotto. Enjoy 🙂
You May really like this Recipe, too:
Instant Pot Parmesan Lemon Risotto
- 2 cups dry Arborio rice, rinsed and drained well
- 2 TB salted butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 ¾ cups regular strength chicken or vegetable broth, depending on whether its to be vegetarian
- 2 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnishes: freshly chopped chives and grated lemon zest
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode and add butter until melted. Add onions and stir until tender, 1-2 min. Add drained rice to melted butter and stir for 2 minutes. Add salt, pepper, broth, and lemon juice; stir to combine well.
- Secure lid and set to pressure cook for 8 minutes. Allow Instant Pot to do its natural release. Once natural release is completed, carefully remove lid and stir in parmesan while "fluffing" the rice. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Serve immediately, with chives or lemon zest for garnish, if desired.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @chewoutloud on Instagram
Easy, Delicious Rice Dishes:
Easy Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms