This Jalapeño Popper Party Dip is just what the party or game day calls for. It’s crispy, cheesy, kicked-up, and pretty much ensures an empty bowl at the end of the night. Bring it to all the get-togethers this season!
- For the Dip:
- 8 oz regular cream cheese, warmed to a soft and spreadable consistency
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup real mayo
- 4 oz can diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 TB salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F with rack on upper middle position. In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayo, jalapeno, garlic, onion, and cumin to combine well. Use rubber spatula to scrape mixture into an oven-proof serving dish.
- In a bowl, combine topping ingredients with a fork until combined. Sprinkle evenly over the dip. Bake 20-30 minutes or just until bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with freshly toasted crostini (recommended) or butter crackers.
If you want a less spicy dip, replace the 4-oz can jalapeno for 2-oz jalapeno + 6 oz mild green diced chilies (drained)
Dip is definitely best served warm, so you’ll want to keep it warm until ready to eat.
- Category: appetizer, snack