These Lemony Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwiches are the perfect finger food for baby showers, bridal showers, birthday parties, and any gatherings. Super refreshing and kind of healthy!
Some of you are blessed enough to live in an area that has been all about spring for weeks now. Or maybe you got lucky (in my imaginary book) and went straight into summer.
Us hardy Minnesotans are just barely scratching the surface of spring. (After nearly six years here, I think it’s fair to consider my cold-wimp self as hardy.) Ask anyone around here, and they’ll tell you…it’s been a ridiculously long, harsh winter and it is just now starting to look hopeful. It is beyond mid-May, after all.
In foodie language, it’s high time to break out the lemons and cucumbers. It doesn’t get more spring-y than this…
I made a bunch of these Lemony Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwiches for a baby shower, as these finger sandwiches pretty much scream showers. Baby showers. Bridal showers. Lunches, brunches, or tea time. Anytime is apropo for serving these up.
I’ve eaten many cucumber cream cheese sandwiches in my lifetime. They are always a hit, and not only with women. This I know, because we’ve been a part of many co-ed showers and such shindigs. Guys happily scarf down these little sandwiches.
Everyone especially adores these sandwiches because of the lemony twist. That refreshing burst of lemon marries perfectly with cream cheese and dill. The crunch of fresh cucumbers is enlivening. All of it is tenderly enveloped by your favorite bread. Good quality white or wheat bread both work well.
Just thinking about these Lemony Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwiches makes me crave them…lots of ’em.
These Lemony Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwiches are perfect for any kind of shower, party, or gathering. It screams spring and summer, and is not only easy to make, but can be prepared ahead of time!
- 4 oz whole cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 2 TB chopped fresh dill
- Zest and Juice of half a large lemon
- Salted butter, softened for spreading on bread slices
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices high quality white or whole grain bread
- 1/2 large cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced, thoroughly dried with paper towels
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, fresh dill, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add enough kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Butter each slice of bread (prevents sogginess.) Lay slices with butter side up on a work surface. Evenly distribute the cream cheese mixture onto each slice. Arrange towel-dried cucumber slices on top of the first 3 slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. Slice off the crusts. If not serving immediately, wrap tightly in cling wrap and chill for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, slice into 4 triangles per sandwich.
Source: Chew Out Loud, adapted from Food Network
This here is one of the fastest finger sandwiches to ever disappear at a party. Chopped Egg and Bacon Sandwiches. Eggs and bacon. Yeah, that’s why.
This Chinese Chicken Salad will add delicious flavor and yummy satisfaction for yourself or for a group; no need for bottled dressing when it’s this easy to make your own!
Do you like twisting up old favorites? This Curried Chicken Salad is scrumptious for any gathering. It’s an easy lunch offering, made special with flaky croissants.