These Creamy, Lemony Cucumber Sandwiches are perfect for parties and showers. They’re super easy to make in advance and taste incredible.
- 4 oz whole cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 2 TB chopped fresh dill
- Zest and Juice of half a large lemon
- Salted butter, softened for spreading on bread slices
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices high quality white or whole grain bread
- 1/2 large cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced, thoroughly dried with paper towels
- Combine: in a small bowl, combine cream cheese, fresh dill, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add enough kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble: butter each slice of bread (prevents sogginess.) Lay slices with butter-side-up on a work surface. Evenly distribute the cream cheese mixture onto each slice. Arrange towel-dried cucumber slices on top of the first 3 slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. Slice off the crusts. If not serving immediately, wrap tightly in cling wrap and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Slice: when ready to serve, slice into 4 triangles per sandwich. Cover and chill any leftovers.
Cream cheese mixture can be made up to 2 days in advance.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: appetizer, side
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cucumber sandwiches, cucumber cream cheese sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches with cream cheese and lemon