This Lemon Curd Recipe is simple yet scrumptious. You’ll have a lemon curd that is creamy, bright, cheery, and the perfect balance of sweet and tang. There’s big lemon flavor in this curd, making it a great gift for lemon lovers.
- zest of 3 large lemons
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 lb salted butter, room temp
- 4 extra-large eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 3–4 lemons), pulp strained
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- In a food processor fitted with steel blade, add lemon zest and sugar. Pulse until well combined and zest is finely minced with the sugar.
- In a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter. Beat in the sugar-zest mixture until combined. Add eggs, fresh lemon juice, and kosher salt. Mix until well combined, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan and whisk constantly over low heat until thickened, about 10-15 minutes. Lemon curd will thicken just below the point of simmer. It will turn from a dark yellow liquid to a pale, thick syrup as you whisk.
- Once lemon curd is nicely thickened and pale yellow, remove from heat. Allow to cool and chill completely. Store in airtight container in fridge.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Category: snack, side
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemon Curd Recipe, Homemade Lemon Curd